Vision and Mission
The Catholic Health Association of India upholds its commitment to bring ‘health for all’.
It views health as a state of complete physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being, and not merely the absence of sickness. Accordingly, CHAI envisions an INDIA wherein people,
- Are assured of clean air, water and environment;
- Do not suffer from any preventable disease;
- Are able to manage their health needs;
- Are able to control the forces which cause ill health;
- Enjoy dignity and equality and are partners in decisions that affect them, irrespective of caste, creed, religion or economic status, and
- Respect human life and hold and nurture it to grow into its fullness.
In order to realize the vision, CHAI endeavours to
- Promote community health, understood as a process of enabling the people, especially the poor and the marginalized, to be collectively responsible to attain and maintain their health and demand health as a right, and ensure availability of quality health care at reasonable cost.
- Prevent and control communicable and non-communicable diseases as they cause a huge public health burden as well as take a heavy toll of human life in the country.
- Provide relief to disaster victims in the country and bring the affected to normal level of functioning.
- Ensure relief and rehabilitation to persons with disabilities.
- Sustain advocacy for the cause of poor and needy.