CHAI-IGNOU COMMUNITY COLLEGE
The Catholic Health Association of India (CHAI)
In Association with
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Catholic Health Association of India, engaged in providing comprehensive health care services to the poor and marginalized across the country for almost 70 years through more than 3,300 members spread across the country delivering curative, preventive and promotive community based health care. CHAI’s core competency lies in the Capacity Building of health care personnel. Conducted training programs community health, advocacy, healthcommunication, HIV/AIDS, Communicable Diseases like Malaria and TB, counseling,legal literacy, disaster management, project planning and monitoring and alternative systems of medicine. Both Clinical and non-clinical training are offered through our strong base of Member Institution which consists of 6 Medical colleges, 27 Nursing schools and colleges, around 135 more than 50 beds hospitals and 192 Diocesan Social Service Societies spread across all the states of India. Trained more than 8600 plus personnel in last five years alone.
Indira Gandhi National Open University is a national university with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. The university was established in 1985 by passing of the IGNOU Act 1985 by the Parliament of India. Its the largest university in the world with 3,500,000 students, was founded to impart education by means of distance and open education, provide higher education opportunities particularly to the disadvantaged segments of society, to encourage, coordinate and set standards for distance and open education in India and strengthen the human resources of India through education. It also acts as a national resource centre, and serves to promote and maintain standards of distance education in India. IGNOU hosts the Secretariats of the SAARC Consortium on Open and Distance Learning (SACODiL) and the Global Mega Universities Network (GMUNET).
CHAI in its endeavour to being rooted in the community and enhance the skills at the grassroots level have collaborated with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to start CHAI Community College which enables to empower individuals through appropriate skill development leading to gainful employment in alliance with the local industry and community. This college offers the advantage of tailoring programmes to local needs and community-based requirements by using approaches that will be most acceptable to workers in the given community.
“Promoting holistic health through comprehensive education of communities”
“Educating communities to serve the poor and vulnerable”
- Classrooms with seating capacity for 40 fully equipped with Audio/Video facilities.
- Hostel accommodations, separate for men and women.
- Training on extra-curriculum activities.
- Auditorium with seating capacity for 400 persons.
- Facilities for sports and indoor games like badminton, volley ball.
- Dining room, student lounge with entertainment facilities.
- Library having more than 5000 books and 150 journals.
- Experience faculty.
- Internet facility.
- Serene Campus spread across 14 acres.
The following programs are being offered under this college:
- Diploma in Community Health Worker
- Diploma in Hospital Administration
- Certificate in Nurse Practitioners
- Certificate in Geriatric Home Based Care
- Certificate in Geriatric Nursing for Nurses
- Certificate in Disaster Management & Trauma Counseling
- Certificate in Alternate Systems of Medicine
- Certificate in Clinical Pastoral Education
- Certificate in NGO Management
- Certificate in Basic Social Research methodology
- Certificate in Advanced – Social Research methodology
- NCCP in Geriatric Nursing/Social workers for Nurses (3 weeks)
- NCCP in Disaster Management & Trauma Counseling (1 weeks)
- NCCP in Alternate Systems of Medicine (4 weeks)
- NCCP in Clinical Pastoral Education (1 month)
- NCCP in NGO Management (1 week)
- NCCP in Basic Social Research methodology (1 week)
- NCCP in Advanced – Social Research methodology (1 week)
The seven NCCP programmes (being offered for 1 week, 2 weeks and 1 month programs) which offer ‘Certificate of Participation’ certificate only from IGNOU are also offered as full fledged Certificate program of 6 months. They will be offered as Creditised-certificate programs in the following methodology:
- The students will be offered at the outset if they would be willing for the NCCP mode (Certificate of Participation only with No credits) or Certificate mode with credits.
- Sessions for all the students enrolled will be taken at a stretch based on the number of weeks of training proposed in the
curriculum of each.
- After the finishing of didactic sessions, the students will have to undergo assessment/ examination. On clearing of the exam, those students who opted for NCCP mode will be issued certificate of participation from IGNOU.
- Those students who had opted for the credits based certificate program will be assigned Project work in the field for the next four months during which time they will be given constant mentoring and technical guidance.
After the completion of the Project work and submission of the same, the student will undergo assessment and will then be issued the Certificate.
For Programme schedules and Applications, please contact:The Catholic Health Association of India 157/6, Staff Road, Gunrock Enclave, Secunderabad 500 009 Phone: +91-40-27848457, 78848293, Fax: +91-40-27811982, Mob: 9966809858 Websites: www.chai-india.org , www.chaicommunitycollege.ac.in Emails: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org