Vision and Mission
The Catholic Health Association of India (CHAI) upholds its commitment to bring ‘health for all’. It views health as a state of complete physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being, and not merely the absence of sickness. Accordingly, CHAI envisions an INDIA wherein people
- Are assured of clean air, water and environment;
- Do not suffer from any preventable disease;
- Are able to manage their health needs;
- Are able to control the forces which cause ill health;
- Enjoy dignity and equality and are partners in decisions that affect them, irrespective of caste, creed, religion or economic status, and
- Respect human life and hold and nurture it to grow into its fullness.
In order to realize the vision, CHAI endeavours to
- Promote COMMUNITY HEALTH, understood as a process of enabling the people, especially the POOR and the MARGINALIZED, to be collectively responsible to attain and maintain their health and demand health as a right, and
- Ensure availability of health care of reasonable quality at reasonable cost.
“Love of Christ Compels us”
CHAI is a charitable, voluntary, non-profit Catholic Christian organization working for the promotion of physical, psychological, social and spiritual health of all people irrespective of caste, creed and sex, rendering service, education and research.