Four-Year PhD Programme in Public Health Offered
The Institute of Public Health, Bengaluru in collaboration with the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium is offering a four year PhD programme in Public Health. This is a full time programme wherein the selected candidate is expected to spend nine months in India and three months in Antwerp, Belgium in a year.
The course is a four year full time doctoral programme in public health focusing on health policy / health financing / health systems / health management / governance / Human resources for health / community etc.
The doctoral research will be conducted in India, but some of the course work will be in ITM, Antwerp. So the selected candidate is expected to spend a majority of time at IPH, India, but also about three months at ITM, Antwerp, Belgium. The interested candidates need to fill up the application form and send.
A substantial scholarship will be provided to the selected candidate during the 4 year PhD programme (The amount is not specified). The candidate is however expected to raise the funds for the research activities from donors. Post PhD, the candidate would be expected to continue working at IPH for a minimum span of two years.
1. Indian nationality
2. Candidates with a master’s degree with first class honours from reputed colleges / universities in the following specialities may apply: Medical / Dental/ AYUSH/ Paramedical Humanities (Sociology, Social work, Anthropology etc) Health Economics Health Management
3. The candidates are preferred to have at least five year’s work experience post- graduation in the field of public health.
4. Candidates should be below 40 years of age and is expected to work full time on the PhD programme at IPH.
5. Fluency in English and computer applications is a must.
6. Candidates with previous experience in research and with published papers on the topic would be given preference.
Filled application forms to be submitted by 31st July 2014
For any further clarifications, please email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telefax : +91 80 26421929